Woke up to a massive rain storm and crappy weather. My tutor messaged me and decided to cancel our field trip to the art district since the weather was so poor and we rescheduled it for next Wednesday. I've been sleepy lately so I slept in fairly late and then once I woke up, went to campus to get food. The weather is absolutely miserable. The only plus side is that I know tomorrow's weather will be beautiful. Spent most of the day doing work and studying. I finally started my essay that's due Friday. At least it's only 700 words...not too bad. After studying with Chelsea in the cafe, she went to the gym and I waited for her to finish so we could go grab dinner. Mariah ended up joining us so I was super happy! We got hot pot from a restaurant outside the Southwest gate. It was absolutely delicious! I really love hot pot.
After dinner, we all headed back to the dorms. Mariah and I decided that we wanted to go out dancing. Mona and Lizzy decided to join us. So we spent a few minutes getting ready and then headed over to Wudaokou. Thankfully it wasn't raining anymore, but it was still windy and cold. The leather jacket I bought is a perfect windbreaker. The first club we went to kind of sucked...they weren't playing any good music and the people there didn't know how to dance at all. There was this one guy that kept hanging around the group of us, which was a little creepy. After a while, we decided to go to the next club. This one wasn't much better. The music was kinda slow and they were playing songs from the late 90's. Ran into my friend that is the dance teacher here and he joined our group. It was kind of funny...at one point we were all dancing and then this nickelback song came on and we all stopped. My friend was so confused! He couldn't understand why we stopped so I had to explain to him that it wasn't a good song for dancing. He was amused because apparently it's a very popular song in China. The music didn't get much better so we decided to switch clubs again. My friend was trying to explain to me that today was some kind of holiday, but I didn't quite understand what he was trying to say.
Third time is the charm! The music was way better, but it was a little on the crowded side. We ended up dancing for several hours. I went outside to take a break..the club was too warm for my liking. Lizzy ended up going back early and I stayed a little later until the other 2 girls were ready to leave. And then after that we headed back to the dorms and had an awesome taxi driver on the way back. He was scolding Mariah because her tights were too thin for the weather. I love when I get nice taxi drivers! Shortly after that it was time for bed. Definitely another long day and night in Beijing, but at least it was a lot of fun. Although after talking to each other I finally figured out what today's holiday was....turns out it's Single's Day when all the single people in China go out to parties and try to meet other single people -_- No wonder the clubs were all packed and filled with strange people. Wish I would have known that before I went out...I would have definitely picked another night hahaha. At least the night ended well even though the first 2 clubs were a wash!
No comments:
Post a Comment