Thursday, November 1, 2012


Today did not have a great start. I feel terrible, have an itch in the back of my throat and no voice. Went off to my first class, where I was supposed to give a presentation, and had to ask the teacher for an extension because I couldn’t talk. Feeling miserable all day, and Tuesdays are my long days. After class, I headed to the office to rest for a little during my break and then grabbed zhou for lunch with Melissa. Ran off to my writing class and nearly flipped out because our teacher thought the midterm was today and didn’t tell any of us. Thankfully we were able to use the syllabus to prove to her the exam was supposed to be Thursday. I’m really nervous about this exam….there’s so much information on it that it’s impossible to cover it all. It’s going to be difficult. Finally headed off to my last class of the day and suffered through it. I was so glad when class was over! Didn’t have much of an appetite, so I headed home and started on my homework. Later in the evening I had dinner with my host family. Can’t believe my homestay is almost over. I move out Friday or Saturday. I thought I had another week yet. I’m kinda looking forward to moving back to the dorms. After dinner, I had my homework finished, so I was surfing the internet and managed to find Spirited Away in Mandarin on youku. I was super excited and spent most of my night watching the first 2/3 of the movie. I was really surprised by how much I could understand, though I’m not sure if I was actually understand what they were saying or I knew what they were trying to say since I’ve seen the movie in English so many times. I guess I’ll have to experiment with a movie I haven’t seen before, or one I haven’t watched as much. As I was watching, since I had an idea of what the characters say in English, I was trying to translate it to Chinese myself and I didn’t do too bad of a job. My new goal is to watch all of Miyazaki’s movies in Chinese. So far I also found Totoro, which I find super amusing because they translated it as “dragon cat” hahaha. Gotta love translations. After watching part of the movie, I headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment