Slow start today. Pattra and I are still trying to get video
games to work, but it keeps telling us the servers are full, which I find hard
to believe. I’m starting to think it’s the internet connection since that has
been absolute crap this week. Got baozi with Pattra for breakfast. She went to
take a nap because she wasn’t feeling great. I worked on studying Chinese and
fixing up my computer. I was wayyyyy overdue for a defrag. My computer is
running much better now thankfully. Around 2, Chelsea and her boyfriend got
back from the great wall. I got lunch with Chelsea and then the 3 of us went to
Nanluoguxiang, which is a super famous hutong in China. On the way there, we
ran into a few of our CIEE teachers in the subway coming back from the Shanghai
conference. Apparently they took my potato picture with them and now I’m super
famous hahaha. They told me a lot of people at the conference were stopping to
take a picture of my poster. Anyway, we went to Naluoguxiang…It was originally
destroyed by the Europeans,b ut then rebuilt and became a famous tourist
attraction. I didn’t get to spend as much time here as I would have liked.
There were so many neat shops to see and food places and restaurants, bars and
clubs. I definitely need to come back here to explore again. After a while, we
searched for a place to eat dinner. The first few we stopped at had waiting
lists. We finally stumbled upon this shady noodle place that had amazing cheap
food. It was soooo good. I hope I can find it again in the future. We wandered
around for a bit on the northern side of houhai, trying to find a subway
station. Returned to Beida. I had homework to do and then went to bed. Forgot I
had an interview to perform, so I was scrambling trying to find people on QQ to
interview. Thankfully I was able to find 2 people to help me. I’m exhausted, so
it’s time for bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment