Sunday, November 25, 2012

Slept in late today on account of returning from the concert so late. Took a shower and headed out to eat food and run some errands. I've been out of money all week so I finally had time to go to the bank. Worked on a little homework and reviewing for my test. Around 6, got dinner with Blair, Chelsea and Jon at a hole in the wall restaurant near the dorms. Then Chelsea, Jon and I headed over to the Southwest gate to meet with Li Jiao and one of her friends. We walked to Zhongguancun to do karaoke at a place where Li Jiao had already made a reservation. There was a bit of debating over times and such. There was some kind of special if you stayed for 3 hours, but 3 hours was a little too expensive and we didnt have a card to get a discount. Li Jiao managed to borrow a membership card from someone else who was coming to do karaoke, so we got the better deal, which also included a bottle of whiskey and some snacks. Karaoke was a lot of fun. Chelsea surprised me with a cake so we ate tons of food while we were singing. I through it was a fun night, although I had to keep coercing the 2 chinese girls to sing. It was a little hard because they didnt know any English songs and all of the Chinese songs were in traditional, so it was hard for me and Chelsea to read. Also, the 2 Chinese girls didnt speak much English and Jon didn't speak much Chinese, so it was a little awkward. Apparently Li Jiao had never tried whiskey before. So she took the bottle and poured herself nearly a full glass! I could tell from the face she made that she didn't really like it. I tried to tell her it was strong, but maybe my Chinese isn't good enough for that yet because I dont' think she understood. We actually ended up staying for the 2 hours. Then we all went our separate ways. Me Chelsea and Jon went back to the dorms to drop off our stuff and then Chelsea convinced me to go dancing with her in Wudaokou; also Jon wanted to go out since it was his only weekend in Beijing. So we went to the club and it wasn't too bad. Much better than other nights I've gone out...and we only went out for 2 hours...not as long as previous weekends. Finally managed to find Chelsea and Jon and then we headed back to the dorms.

After getting back, I realized that one of my earrings was missing. I was really sad because it was my favorite pair of earrings. I actually got really lucky. One of the people at the club that I knew called my phone and told me that during the night they noticed my earring fell out, so they picked it up and forgot to give it to me before I left. They were really sweet and took a cab all the way over to my dorm to give me back my earring. I never thought I would get it back! Although it looks like it got stepped on, so I have to get the clasp fixed once I get back to America. I'm just happy I got it back!

No comments:

Post a Comment