Friday, November 16, 2012
Finally Friday! I'm so ready for the weekend....I need some rest. After my classes, I didn't even have time to eat lunch today. I signed up to learn how to do Peking Opera face painting, but no one had yet told me a location, so I ran over to the CIEE office and by the time I tracked down the teachers, it was too late to eat anything before the class started. The class was a lot of fun...we started off learning some kung fu moves that they use in Peking Opera and learned a little fighting skit....with swords :) I like swords. After playing with swords for a while, we started on the face painting. Today we learned how to paint a monkey face. The teacher walked us through the process step by step and we got to paint the face of one of our classmates. It was a lot of fun and the faces turned out kind of scary looking haha. We all took tons of pictures. I didn't want to wash off the paint, but I was going to my dance class after the face painting and didnt' want to walk around with my face painted like a monkey for the rest of the day. It took forever to wash all of the paint off. At least I know how to paint faces now if I ever want to do it again in the future. After cleaning up, Ai and I ran over to the sports building for dance class. We were a little late today from the face painting. They were teaching a new step today and I was kind of lost since I didn't make it to the 2 classes last week. Learning the new steps was fun, but my partner wasn't that great. He didn't have anyone to dance with when I got there, so I had to work with him. He's kind of the class clown, always talking when the teacher is and joking around (which I don't understand because it's not a free class) so he had no idea how to do the new step and he just wanted to talk. He was a little strange. Him and his friend kept trying to joke with me. I understood what they were saying, but what they were saying didn't make sense to me. I didn't find it to be funny so I'm not quite sure what point they were trying to get across. His friend kept trying to make fun of him in front of me, but I wasn't quite clear how it was funny. Guess I still have a ways to go as far as the cultural aspect of things. I didn't get to practice much because my dance partner wanted to chat more than dance, so I just stopped talking with them. After class, Ai and I got cornered by the creepy older guy who wanted to solicit us for phone numbers so he can practice his English. I was so happy when Tian Xin came over to pull us away. Grabbed dinner with Ai at the cafeteria and then headed back to the dorms. Nothing going on tonight. Pattra and I ended up setting up an adhoc internet connection so we could play league together, but after our games finished patching she had to restart her computer and we were unable to get the network working again. I finally decided to call it quits and head to sleep. I need to get some rest after this week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment