Sunday, November 4, 2012
Today was an exciting day. Woke up early and went with Chelsea and our Chinese friend Li Jiao to Wudaokou to get breakfast. She had never eaten a traditional American breakfast before, so we treated her to French toast, scrambled eggs, hash browns and bacon. She really liked it. Afterwards, Chelsea had plans, so she went back to Beida while Li Jiao and I went to the National Library. I didn't know I needed my passport to get a reader's card, so Li Jiao snuck me in. We talked for a while and she had some work to do so I was just browsing the internet on the computers. Afterwards, we went to the zoo market to go shopping. I bought a winter coat for 60 kuai ($9), what a steal! I had a lot of fun haggling...and it was super helpful to have her along since my understanding still isn't that great. THe we took the bus to xizhimen and she treated me to dinner at this restaurant. They served noodle bowls, but the noodles were made out of rice flour instead of whatever they're normally made out of. She felt a little uncomfortable at the restaurant because the workers kept staring at me. I guess she's not too used to walking around with foreigners. Finally made it back to Beida and went our separate ways. It's super super cold today! There are puddles of water on teh side of the roads from teh snow melting, but most of them have frozen over so it's actually ice. Relaxed in my dorm room for the rest of the night and talked on QQ with a few of my Chinese friends. I'm so not ready to go back to classes tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment