Sunday, November 25, 2012

Woke up around 8 am and couldn't sleep anymore. Grabbed breakfast at Bride with Jon and Chelsea. I started to feel really tired after getting back to the dorms, but Chelsea convinced me to drag myself outside and we went to see the Lama Temple. It was a lot smaller than I expected and we only needed about an hour to walk around. Afterwards, we perused the shops around the area and looked for things to buy. I bought a few souvenirs and some youtiao type stuff that had like a cinnamon nut mixture inside them. They were pretty tasty. Headed back to the dorms for a little and then at 5 met up with a Chinese friend from my dance class to get dinner together. He took me to a really good restaurant in zhongguancun. The food was fantastic. We got some kind of cold eggplant dish with a vinegar kind of sauce, hot and sour veal and a malaxiangguo type dish. He's from Sichuan Province, so we of course had to get spicy food. He was really excited when I told him Sichuan food is my favorite kind of Chinese food. After dinner I headed back to the dorms and spent the rest of my night doing homework. I have to get this speech memorized by Tuesday...about 1/3 of the way done before I called it a night. At least I have off all day tomorrow to catch up with my work. This week is going to be crazyyyyy!

No comments:

Post a Comment