Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Ugh. I really dislike Tuesdays. Today was SUPER busy. I had my first class of the day and then had a break for the next few hours, in which I hung out in the CIEE office and studied. At lunch, I met up with Mariah and we went together to eat at a cafeteria and chat for a good hour or two. Afterwards, I had my writing class, which I don't think is going well. The teacher asked me to stay after class to talk to her and she wanted to know if I could understand what she was saying, and what I thought of the course material and just so I know, if I have any questions I can ask her. I think this means I didn't do too well on my midterm. Though I'm not going to hold it against me...I was pretty sick the day I took the exam, so I had a feeling I wasn't going to perform very well. I had another class that day, which seemed to drag on and on, but it was a lot of fun. I really like my Hanyu teacher. After class, I had to sprint over to the Southwest gate to meet up with a few of my classmates for a CIEE dumpling making activity at a nearby restaurant. A few of the CHinese teachers joined us and they showed us how to make dumplings. After we made the dumplings, teh restaurant cooked them for us and then we ate them for dinner with a bunch of other chinese dishes. It was soooooo tasty! The teachers were amused because I knew the name of almost every dish that they ordered and I got really excited when the fuwuyuan brough them to the table. Although it was fun, I actually was really annoyed. The purpose of the event was to get together and only speak Chinese. Somehow I ended up with the lowest level speaking group and I got super annoyed because they kept speaking English. Some of them got annoyed with me because I kept telling them to speak Chinese. The teachers were getting annoyed too. I don't like how events are designated to be Chinese only and then no one wants to follow the rules. It's really kind of annoying. Met up with Chelsea afterwards and went to the cafe at the global village to drink milk tea and complain about our schools trying to give us a hard time about next term. Returned home and went to sleep. Glad I get to sleep in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment