Wheeeee Saturday! Woke up ready for another adventure! Today was 3,000,000,000 times better than last night!
First I took the subway to XiDan to meet up with my friend. He greeted me and handed me a small bag. I opened it up and it was filled with a ton of arcade coins! So we went to Joy City, which is a shopping area that has the largest escalator in the world, and started off at the arcade. I think I really surprised him because I beat him at almost every game we played haha. I don't think he realized how much of a gamer I am. We were playing racing games and shooting games. They were a lot of fun! After the coin supply had been exhausted, we headed over to the 77th street shopping plaza to go ice skating! I love ice skating and I probably haven't skated in a year or two so it was tons of fun. He had never ice skating before, so I got to teach him. He learned pretty fast. Talking with him was a little difficult because he is a native Beijinger, so he speaks Beijing Hua, which I still have trouble understanding. I just told him to speak slowly and eventually I'll start being able to understand more. At least he was patient about it....not like there was a choice though. He doesn't speak a word of English, so if my Chinese fails, there would be no conversation. I got to show him some of my magic tricks, which he really liked. He showed me one that he knew that I hadn't learned yet so that was cool.
After ice skating, we grabbed some milk tea and then we took the Subway over to PingAnLi station and he took me to this famous snack shop that had delicious goodies! I have no idea what I ate but it was fantastic. After that we walked around and he showed me around the area. We ended up walking all the way to Houhai and stopped at this restaurant that serves super famous wonton soup, which was also delicious. I would definitely come back here to eat again. Afterwards, it was getting pretty cold and windy in this area so we walked to the closest subway station and went back to XiDan. We had been intending to see a movie, but the movie theater he wanted to go to was closed for some reason. So we went back to Joy City to go to that theater. They only had 4 movies showing. He said the one of them was supposed to be good, but he didn't want to take me to see it because I probably wouldn't be able to understand the speech of the movie because of the dialect used for it. So we parted ways and I headed back to Beida, thoroughly worn out from walking around all day.
Just relaxed in the dorms for the rest of the night. Chelsea was sick so I ran out to get her a few things she wanted. Skyped with the parents, but by that point I was pretty tired and cranky. Was supposed to watch a movie but things just never seemed to work out. Ended up going to bed early and promising my parents I would wake up early so I could skype them at the Christmas party in NJ to say hello to everyone. Today was fantastic!
No comments:
Post a Comment