Monday, December 10, 2012

Today was an interesting day. Woke up early to Skype the family at the Cousin's Christmas part in Jersey. I wasn't too happy about waking up at the crack of dawn....well not even the crack of dawn because the sun wasn't up yet. But I got to talk to everyone for about 30 minutes and then headed back to sleep for a few hours. Woke up and grabbed a late breakfast and did computer work for most of the morning. Grabbed a Taiwan Pancake for lunch and then met my language partner at the South East gate because he invited me to come and watch the basketball final that him and his team were competing in. So at 2 we loaded onto the BeiDa bus and headed off to the tournament. There was already a team playing when we got there, so we watched the end of that game and then Haibo's team was up. They were actually really good. The two teams were pretty evenly matched in the beginning, but then BeiDa's team pulled into the lead. They were winning the game by a 10+ point margin for most of the game and played really well. They were so excited to win. I heard this is the best the team has done in the past few years. After the awards ceremony, we loaded back onto the bus and headed back to BeiDa. Haibo went to go eat dinner and celebrate with his teammates while me and the 4 others who came to watch their game with them headed over to the Wudaokou area and grabbed dinner at a small restaurant. The food was pretty good, so I have no complaints there. I'm usually not a fan of trying random restaurants. Afterwards I headed back to the dorms to cram in some studying since I have a quiz in my class tomorrow. Crammed in my 46 words while watching the second season of Song of Ice and Fire with Mona and Melissa. Around 11 I finally managed to head to bed. Not looking forward to getting up early tomorrow morning for classes >< At least today was tons of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment