First day of no classes. Slept in and grabbed a bowl of zhou
for breakfast since my stomach is still a little queasy. Thankfully the fever
is gone now. Planned to go to Yuanmingyuan with Chelsea, but she got a call
that someone found her stolen wallet so we high tailed it over to Sanlitun to
track down her wallet. Thankfully managed to find the place and get it back.
Afterwards we walked around for a bit. We stopped in starbucks to get some hot
chocolate and then grabbed a French fry from McDonalds and sat to talk for a
while. Stumbled across a piano store, so we stopped in and I played for a
little. I’m super out of practice, but the workers in the store really liked my
music. I wish I was more in practice…it would have sounded a lot better. We
wanted to go to The Place to check out the book store. We made it as far as the
subway stop and then got distracted by the Silk Street. Definitely way more
expensive than other markets. The people here are way more aggressive than in
other places; trying to force things on to you. They just don’t understand when
you don’t want something. Although I can tell they are relieved that we are
able to speak Chinese. It’s a lot easier for them than English. Then Chelsea
got a call that she had class, so we ran back to BeiDa. I picked up some fruit
to munch on. After everyone had finished class, 10 of us went to an all you can
eat sushi buffet to celebrate Derrick’s birthday. The restaurant definitely
lost money on us. It was also all you can drink and I think the guys must have
went through 65 bottles of beer at least, not to mention all of the sushi. It was
a fantastic meal for sure. Afterwards, Melissa and I headed back to the dorms
and everyone else went to WuDaoKou. I’m still kinda tired so I was not in the
mood to go out tonight. Decided it would be better to stay in the dorms and
relax. I’m definitely tired out! Can’t wait to see what adventures I will
embark on tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment