Monday, December 17, 2012

Satuday. Last full day in Beijing :( Woke up early and got something to eat. Worked on packing and organizing for most of the remainder of my morning. Was supposed to go out into Beijing with Li Jiao, but I just didn't have the time. But I ended up meeting up with her before she left for the day. I gave her a pair of snowflake earrings and she gave me a belated birthday present. It was a really pretty neckerchief and a good luck charm for my cell phone. I also got to meet one of her friends. I was sad that I couldn't go along with them. Afterwards I headed back to the dorm to work on packing and organizing my things. Around 6 a few of us went to Cifu restaurant outside the Southwest gate for dinner. Ai and Melissa's Tibetan friend Devina came along with us. We had a fantastic dinner and all ate so much food! Then it was back to the dorms again.Li Jiao ended up stopping by at night to say goodbye to Chelsea, so I was able to see her again. We hung out for a while and shared pictures with each other. I had to skype my parents so I got to introduce her to them which was fun. Chelsea invited Hing over and we were hanging out for a while. Haibo called me and said he wanted to stop over so he came buy and gave me a gift. He got me a little box of tea. The tea smells amazing! I can't wait to try it out. I gave him an English sherlock holmes book that I had picked up at the store so he could have something to practice reading with. I think it's more interesting than the stories in his textbooks. I'm worried it might have been too easy for him, but I hope he likes it. I completely forgot to give him the card that went with it though. I guess I'll have to find someway to mail it to him. He stuck around for a while and we were chatting. He got to meet my roommate and talk with Melissa. I think all of the people coming and going from my room were making him uncomfortable because after a while he said he had to leave. I think he didn't want to interrupt us because people were stopping to say goodbye. Went back to Chelsea's room to hang out with her and Hing. We were hungry so we tried to order McDonald's ice cream, but they didn't have ice cream that late at night so we headed out to the convenience store to pick up some snacks. I tried to stay up for most of the night so I'll be nice and tired for the flight tomorrow. Managed to stay up until 5 and then headed to sleep for a few hours

No comments:

Post a Comment