Friday, December 14, 2012

Wednesday wasn't anything special. After class, I headed off to explore Beijing a little. I went to the Silk Market in search of soccer jerseys, but no luck. I don't like the atmosphere of the silk market much. The people here are pretty aggressive. I definitely like the pearl and zoo markets better. Since my search was futile, I walked around the area for a bit looking for The Place, which is a shopping center by the silk market. They have a really good book store and bakery there. Sadly, I wasn't able to find it...I think the address in  my tourguide book was wrong. After walking around the block, I headed back to Beida and went to have coffee with Mariah and swap stories about our recent China adventures. When it got later, we grabbed dinner from the cafeteria next door and then returned to the cafe for our small Christmas party/white elephant. There were 4 of us and 3 of our Chinese friends. We had cookies and chocolates and other snacks to eat. Melissa's gift was Peanut butter and oreos and we taught them how to eat peanut butter oreos. At first they thought it was really strange, but they ended up liking it a lot. Li Jiao couldn't stay long because she had bamboo flute practice. I wish I could have learned how to play while I was here, but I didn't see any clubs for it. After the gift exchange, Loomis had to leave and then the 3 of us plus Niki returned to the dorms to continue the party. We were hoping to find a Christmas movie to watch, but it's surprisingly hard to find them online. We ended up sitting around and talking and showing our kouyu videos and making paper snowflakes. I had a quiz to study for so I eventually headed back to my room to study and then went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment