Thursday, December 6, 2012
Day 4 of culture week! No classes but super packed with fun stuff! Met up with Chelsea and our tutor in Wudaokou at Bridge Cafe for breakfast and our last LP session. We had to turn in our remaining homework assignments and just sat and talked for a while. Afterwards, we headed to Yuanmingyuan. I really wanted to grab pictures since last time I didn't have my camera. Chelsea had tutoring, so just me and the tutor went. We had a lot of fun walking around the park and trying to find the stone labyrinth. Some of the lakes were frozen enough that you would walk on top of them. I had a bit of fun walking around on the ice although my tutor was terrified that I would fall in. It was a lot of fun to walk around with her and explore the park. I got a lot of good pictures. After we were quite frozen, we headed out of the park and she went home. I jumped on the subway to meet Melissa and Elliot in Wangfujing. We exchanged the qipaos and shopped around a bit. Since I knew the prices of most things, I was able to buy more souvenirs at a fairly cheap price. I think I'm almost done with my souvenir shopping. Stopped for a bite to eat and then headed back to the dorms. Tried on the Qipao. It fits better than the other one, but I definitely need to get it tailored. The one I bought from the Pearl Market definitely looks better on me and fits me well. Much better than the one I got at the night market, but at least I got a good deal for the stuff I bought. Chilled in the dorms for a while and worked on organizing my room and souvenirs and finally got to do laundry. My language partner messaged me and invited me to watch his basketball tournament on Sunday. Since I dont' have many plans I think I'll go check it out! I'm definitely getting worn down from all of the adventures this week, but it's so much fun! I'm really sad that my days in Beijing are numbered. Most people have already started packing but I can't bring myself to add a single thing to my suitcase. This semester went way too fast for my liking :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment