Saturday, December 8, 2012

Friday again! I really don't know where my time is going lately. Worked on catching up with things on Friday morning. Made in inventory of all my souvenirs to make sure I have everyone covered. Straightened up my room a bit and threw away some junk I had laying around. Worked on updating my blog and a few other things. Went to dance class today and had a fantastic time, even though I was a little late. Afterwards, the teacher's other dance class was canceled so we hung out for a while and practiced and talked. There was a creepy guy there that would not take the hint that I didn't want to talk to him. Slightly annoying. The teacher wanted to take me out to dinner, but I had already made dinner plans since he usually has another class after the one he teaches at BeiDa. So we hung out until the guy I was having dinner plans with got to campus.

Dinner was horrible. Most horrible dinner experience of my life. At first it was fine, we went for hot pot. I thought it was just 2 friends grabbing dinner to practice speaking English and Chinese which is the way he spun it, but he thought it was a date >_< The conversation was weird. He kept saying how excited he was to have made a foreign friend and how much he wants to have a foreign wife and if I come back to China I should visit his hometown and he kept asking me what I thought of him over and over. It was like listening to a broken record. Also kinda hard to keep up with the conversation because he kept changing topics. He would be talking about something and then switch to talking about a movie and then switch back to something else and then repeat most of what he had already said earlier. After dinner was equally bad. I dropped him off at the subway station and went to go home but he tried to follow me and kept saying he wanted to stay with me and he couldn't go home because it was too far away. I told him too bad, figure something out. I couldn't shake him so I eventually had Chelsea give me a call and tell me someone was sick and I had to come back to the dorms asap. Thankfully that worked and I finally got him off of my tail and made it home but he kept texting me so I ended up just turning my phone off. What a strange experience! And not one that I hope to repeat ever again. I think this guy was a little crazy. Well at least it's over with and I'm never going to talk to him ever again if I can help it!

Ended up hanging out with Chelsea at the dorms for a while and chatting before heading to bed. I was exhausted today and have to get up early for an adventure tomorrow. Hopefully it's better than tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment