Monday, December 10, 2012

Ugh Monday. And my last week in Beijing. Really not happy. I dont' know where all of my time went. It seems like just yesterday I was arriving in Beijing and wondering what sort of mess I had landed myself into. I really was not happy to have to get up so early for class. When I got to class, only one other student and I showed up on time. Everyone else showed up about 30 minutes late. Most people forgot that we had a quiz today, so they weren't happy. After class, I headed back to the dorms to study Chinese and start to organize my pictures. Grabbed a quick lunch and then went with Melissa to the book store to pick up a few more books with some of the birthday money I received. I'm happy that I purchased the first entire novel of Game of Thrones in Chinese. It will be a good project for me to work on to improve my language skills once I'm back home. After the bookstore, I went to Wudaokou with Mona to get our weekly sushi fix and roommate dinner. The food was fantastic as always and the waiters at the restaurant recognize us now haha. Dinner was a little distracting because the 2 people in the booth behind us were asians but speaking English. One looked Chinese and the other looked Korean. It was kinda fun to listen to their conversation. The guy was completely full of himself and just wanted to talk about himself. I got the feeling that the girl's English skills were not very good because she didn't say much, she just kinda sat there and listened to this guy talk about himself. Mona and I were very amused by their conversation....or rather the guy trying to talk about himself in English. Afterwards we headed back to the dorms to do some studying and catch up on a few things. Going to take a shower, watch a few episodes of Game of Thrones Season 2 and then call it a night. Busy day for me tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment