Friday, December 14, 2012
Thursday. Don't know where this last week is going and I want time to stop. After my classes, I took a bus to a stop in southern Beijing to meet my friend. I sat in McDonald's waiting for him to get off of work and did some of my homework. He helped me finish my homework and then we went to a nearby park to take pictures of the winter scenery. Beijing looks really pretty when it snows. I wish I would have time to go to the forbidden city. I hear it looks fantastic in the snow. Sadly, there's not enough time for that. After the park, he took me to his friend's music studio so I could play piano. I haven't played piano in soooooooooo long! It was really nice to be able to sit and play again. He really liked my music and insisted on recording several songs on his camera. After the studio, we met up with his sister and went for dinner at a local hot pot restaurant. The food was...interesting. It tasted delicious but....I thought they said it was beef.....turns out it was goose! Can't say I've eaten goose before so it was an interesting experience. While we were eating dinner it started snowing pretty badly. We were planning to do karaoke but they decided against it because the roads were starting to get slippery. So they drove me back to Beida and dropped me off at my dorm. I didn't get back until pretty late and spent the next hour and a half studying for my quiz and finishing up the last of my homework for the term. Last day of classes tomorrow :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment