Thursday, September 6, 2012
Nothing much going on today. Took my placement exam in the morning and it was absolutely horrible. I'm so glad I self studied over the summer or I wouldn't have been able to read the test to take it. Definitely the most brutal 2 hours in Beijing before. After the test, I signed up to try and get a slot for a 2 week home stay. had a few hours of free time before catching the bus over to a fancy hotel to have a welcome lunch with a few of the administrators at PKU. The whole welcome was in Chinese. At least my comprehension is starting to get better after 3 days here. The lunch was good, but I had no idea what I was eating. I found out later that one of the dishes was made out of kidneys. I think I'm better off not knowing what I'm eating. Had another break and then the teachers treated us to dinner at a dumpling restaurant down the street. That was about it for today. I'm tired so I'm going to sleep early tonight. Have to get up early tomorrow morning to find out my language placement, pick up my textbooks and then (if it's not raining) head to the Great Wall for a field trip!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Take a lot of pictures if you get to go the Great Wall!
ReplyDelete