Friday, September 14, 2012

Successful first week of class but today was super busy. After my 2 classes this morning, I had to head over to the Russian building to select electives. It was quite a mess since one of my classes conflicted with all of the electives. So I had to sign up for the class I wanted and then wait around until things cleared out so I could switch  my class section. Today was quite busy. I was happy that I at least managed to switch my Kouyu class section using my Chinese skills. It wasn't as hard as I was expecting. So apparently the reason I had a problem is because I'm strange and my reading skills are 1 whole level above my speaking skills. According to the person I had to talk to to get my classes switched, my reading skills are high enough to take electives, but technically, my speaking skills aren't at the same level, which is why there was a conflict between classes. I always have some strange circumstance connected to me it seems.....

So all this time I thought I only had 2 classes....wrong! I completely forgot about the Language and culture class I'm required to take, which includes 4.5 hours of meeting time every week. I had to pair off with one of my classmates and then we each get 2 private tutoring sessions and 1 shared session for field trips and projects. So I think I'm around 25 hours of classes each week now........it's going to be a lot. Suddenly my schedule isn't as open as it was before. Oh well. At least I"ll be learning a lot. I was debating about dropping the elective, but I went through so much work to get it, that I might as well stick with it. It looks like it shouldn't be too difficult of a class. I just have to get a schedule established for doing homework and figuring out the pace of the school.

So that's about it for this week. Not much going on. I was going to go out tonight, but I'm not feeling up to it, so I'm just going to stay in and start working on my homework that's due monday and previewing my new book. Might as well get a head start on things so I can stay ahead. Learning 80-100+ new characters each week is not going to be easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment