Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Third day of classes......oh wait, I dont have any classes on Wednesday! Slept in late and relaxed in the morning. Met up with a friend and went for bubble tea and individual hot pot for lunch. It was sooooooooooooooooo good! The restaurant was great. We got this huge plate of meat to share. The bill came out to only 100 kuai. They even gave us a student discount, so it ended up only being 45 kuai (6.75 USD) each for lunch. I'm definitely going back to that place again. It was delicious. After lunch, I headed back to my dorm room to start on my homework. I had 50 new characters to learn, a few exercises in my textbook and I had to use my new vocabulary words to write sentences. Took me most of the night to get my work done, mainly due to multitasking between many different things. Took a break in the middle of the study session to grab some baozi for dinner and then jumped right back into the work. It's really nice to have Wednesdays off. I just hope I can get my schedule fixed tomorrow. I think I'll go crazy if I'm only taking 2 classes, but we'll see.

I was supposed to go shopping with a few friends today, but that ended up not happening. One of my classmates was feeling sick for the past few days and wasn't getting better, so he went to the hospital today. I guess he's staying the night and hoping to come back to campus tomorrow. A lot of the people from my program have gotten sick so far since coming to Beijing. I guess I've just been lucky. 1+ week down and no signs of sickness or discomfort. Hoping the trend continues :) Adjusting to living in Beijing was a lot easier than I was expecting. Although ordering food is still the most challenging thing I have to deal with in everyday life. I just don't know enough words and I can't read well enough to usually tell what's on the menu, but I somehow manage to get by and order myself food that I enjoy eating. Some restaurant workers will just automatically hand us a menu in english. Others will just automatically talk to whatever asian people are in the group and ignore everyone else. It's definitely an interesting experience.  I need to start studying more food words!

1 comment: