Monday, September 10, 2012
First day of school! Although it didn't really feel like a first day of school. I had to get up early and met up with 2 friends to try and grab breakfast. Lines everywhere were too long, so we ended up just grabbing a few pastries from a 超市 and then headed to class. I only had 1 class today from 8-10, so it was a pretty chill day. I definitely was not ready for my class at all. It was 2 hours long and the only language spoke was Chinese. Guess I better get used to that pretty quickly. After class, I grabbed some 包子 for lunch and then embarked on an adventure with Mariah to help her figure out how to put more funds on her student id and add more money to her sim card. We also went on an adventure in search of bubble tea and had an interesting experience trying to order our drinks at the place. We wanted Bubble Tea, but they kept trying to give us Pudding bubbles (which we didnt want). The girl seemed excited that I knew the word for bubble tea and we eventually got what we were after (and it was delicious!). I think I'll be going back to that place again. And maybe I'll try the pudding option for fun. The bubble tea here is SO CHEAP! I think I paid 6 kuai (to give you a feel for the currency difference, 10 kuai is equal to about $1.50 USD, so a bubble tea here is about $0.80). After our adventuring, I went back to my room to chill for a few hours and start my homework. I have about 35 characters I need to learn how to write for a quiz in class tomorrow. They really don't mess around here (good thing Drexel has me prepared!). Went out for dinner with a few friends later in the evening, but the food wasn't that great. First meal I haven't really enjoyed. Not going back to that restaurant again any time soon. I'm back in my room now and need to finish up my review before I go to sleep. Class from 8-12 tomorrow, so it's not too bad. Looking forward to picking electives at the end of the week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment