After hanging out in the office for a few hours doing homework and research, we headed over to the basketball courts and played basketball with a few classmates and Chinese students from BeiDa for several hours. It was so much fun! Although the guys were all huge, so I felt pretty small by comparison. It's really interesting going to play basketball here. There were no other girls on the courts. Girls here don't really play many sports. The guys almost don't know how to handle us when we want to join them for sports since so few Chinese girls typically jump in. We ended up talking to the guys for a while after we were done playing. Then the 3 of them headed off to the gym and Chelsea, Melissa and I went to grab some food.
We headed back to the global village and stopped to get some ice cream from the one store. We were talking to the owner for a while and found out that the ice cream there is hand made everyday and they also sell tea that they grow and prepare themselves. It was really interesting. Now I'm back in the dorms and just finished my homework for the night. I'm glad to be done with it. I had no tutoring today since on Friday my tutor is taking Chelsea and I to Bei Hai park and I moved my individual tutoring session from today to tomorrow since I didn't want to have 2 days of tutoring in a row. All I have left to do for this week is interview 2-3 Chinese students about what they think the ideal job is and summarize their answers into a paragraph for my Hanyu class. Guess tomorrow will be a little bit busy of a day for me, but it shouldn't be too bad. Hoping the weather stays nice! I'm excited for the vacation on Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment