Sunday, September 16, 2012

The weekend is over and now it's time for me to start my second week of classes (this time with 4 classes instead of 2....good bye free time!). The weather today was so nice! I grabbed breakfast with my roommate and a friend on campus and then stopped at a cafe to get drinks. Afterwards, I went with my roommate to meet up with a Chinese person she had met on campus a few days ago. He was really nice. He treated both of us to a delicious lunch at one of the restaurants on campus. The food was soooo good...although the service was slow and they ran out of rice ((WHO RUNS OUT OF RICE?????)).

After lunch we headed back to the dorms with the intention to do work, but one of my friends in the room across the hall invited me to come to Wudaokou with her because she wanted to exchange a jacket that she bought. So we went shopping for a little. I'm surprised that the good quality clothes and shoes in China are just as expensive as things would be in America. I was planning to get a new pair of sandals to wear around, but I couldn't find anything I liked for the right price. In the end, I ended up buying a black fake leather jacket from one of the sales racks in a store. It was only 200 kuai (about $32)! What a steal! It looks really nice too :) Although apparently in China, I'm a size Large.

Lina and I grabbed dinner at a Korean restaurant around the corner from the shopping center. They had these amazing chicken skewers. It was a nice meal except for the fact that a few policemen decided that they wanted to move mopeds that were blocking a street, causing the moped alarms to blare for several minutes while they moved them all out of them way. Quite annoying...and loud.

After dinner, we grabbed a taxi and headed back to the dorms. I showered and started my homework and then Skyped the lovely Schaller family to check in and wish my cousin a happy birthday! I even managed to convince my roommate to join me and sing to him!  I'm really glad I did most of my homework on Friday night so it didn't really matter that I didn't get much done today. I have to review a bit before I go to bed so I'm ready for my classes tomorrow. I have my first tutoring session in the morning. I'm kind of looking forward to it, but I'm not sure what I want to go over with her. I don't really have any questions yet...although I do need to learn more about ordering food. My vocabulary is so small! Pretty much I just go for any dish that has beef, chicken, pork or duck in the name....then I at least know what kind of meat I'm eating! Time for sleep and the start of week 2~! Xi'an trip this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment