Thursday, September 13, 2012

Another day finished....although I'm still slaving away over my homework. I have a handful of new characters to learn, a few book exercises to do and I have to study for the quizzes I have tomorrow. I get to pick elective courses as well. I'm hoping they have changed the schedule since I got the one that was sent out or else I'm going to have to switch to a different section so I can take an elective. I'm pretty sure I'll go crazy if I'm just taking 2 classes all term.....even if it is 14 hours of classes.

Had 2 classes this morning from 8-12 ( and didnt mix up the times today!). Afterwards, I went to the CIEE office to try to fix my schedule, but they told me to wait until tomorrow when the finalized schedule gets posted. Grabbed some 包子 for lunch and then headed back to my room. Started on my homework, but kept getting distracted by emails from Drexel. I'm still stuck trying to figure out the co-op and work study mess. Sigh. A few of my classmates haven't tried hot pot yet, so at 5:30 we met up at the Southwest gate to head across the street to the hot pot restaurant. Turned out that my Chinese was the best out of the groups, so I got to do all of the ordering. It was an interesting experience. The food was amazing ( as usual) and it was only 23 kuai a person! I definitely have a hot pot addiction. Oh and 南瓜 is my new favorite vegetable. I think it's some kind of japanese vegetable or pumpkin or something of that nature. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but it's delicious. After dinner, we checked out a small arcade that's in the basement of the strip mall where we ate dinner. It was on the smaller side, but it looks like it has a ton of fun games. I was surprised because there were no young kids in the place, it was all adult people. I definitely want to go there and play some knock-off DDR! Next to the arcade was an internet cafe, which was filled with a ton of serious gamers. I wouldn't mind going there to play if I actually had a game that would work in China. I tried downloading the Chinese version of League of Legends today and I got it to work.....but I can't read anything! Might be an interesting experience trying to learn how to play the game while playing in a different language hahaha.

After dinner, I headed back to the dorms. Time for me to relax and finish up my homework before going to bed. I can't believe it's only 8:30. I dont know what it is, but something over here tires me out day after day. Maybe it's the constant task of trying to communicate with a second language. I'm not sure. The weather here today was beautiful! I love how nice the city is after it rains. But just give it a few more days and the pollution will roll back in until the next rain storm comes. Hoping the weather stays nice and starts to cool off! I'm ready for Fall and Winter!

1 comment:

  1. China is big on online games as consoles are "illegal" and i believe 南瓜 is pumpkins but i wouldnt be surprised if it was something else oO

    ReplyDelete