Woke up early and headed to campus to take my exams. I had 2
exams today and neither of them were easy. It was actually a lot harder than I
was expecting. I wish I would have had more time to study. I forgot how to use
simple grammar patterns, so it was pretty bad.
After the exams, I grabbed lunch with a few classmates and then headed
back to the dorms to shower and relax. Chelsea and I headed over to the courts
to play some basketball. My knee was still bothering me so I couldn’t play, but
I ended up talking to one of the guys there who happened to be a kouyu teacher.
He was really nice. After a while, the other basketball players decided to get
dinner. I got to meet a few people from America who were studying at Beida
which was pretty neat. We met at the East gate and headed to sanlitun to get
dinner at a Japanese restaurant. The food was a bit on the expensive side, but
it was so delicious! Definitely the most expensive meal I had in China so far,
but worth every penny. After dinner, we all went next door to one of the clubs
and had a few drinks. It was a nice night out. We ended up going to a nice, classy
club, not the kind of club where you have to worry about someone taking your
bag or anything like that. We stayed there for a few hours, just chatting and
playing games. I showed off some magic tricks and they really really liked
them. A few of them invited friends to join us. For one of them, it was her
birthday so we had fun celebrating that. It was interesting to hang out with a
few people who couldn’t speak English. I’m kind of starting to like the
situation where it’s Chinese or nothing. After a few hours, one of my
classmates started to get tired so I agreed to go back to the dorms with her.
It took forever to find a cab. The guys all kept trying to overcharge us. Good
thing I can haggle now! Got back to the dorms and grabbed some ice cream as a
late midnight snack. Time to sleep and rest up for tomorrow. Not sure yet what
my plans will be, but I’m trying to go to a few places on my list of stuff to
see while I’m in Beijing. Think I’m going to go to the zoo market on Sunday and
try to get some more winter clothes. It’s starting to get pretty cold here! I’m
liking it!
No comments:
Post a Comment