Dreary ugly day in Beijing. It rained all day long. The
plans to go to the 798 art district and shopping had to be canceled. Woke up a
little late and had an easy morning. Went with Chelsea and Mona to Wudaokou to
get breakfast at The Bridge café. They had amazing French toast and hot
chocolate. I was happy. Headed back to the Global Village to relax a little. We
were planning to go with Haibo to someplace to study together, but he never
contacted us when he was free, so we ended up just staying in the Global
Village. I did a little bit of studying, but not much. I don’t really have much
to review since the midterms are done. Got to video chat with Steve for a bit
which was nice because I haven’t talked to him in forever. Around 6, we headed out
to grab dinner and then I returned to my homestay. The weather is wet, dreary
and cold. Everywhere is cold. I was talking to my homestay family and they told
me that the government doesn’t turn the heat on until November 1. Looks like I
need to start bundling up a little more….and stop forgetting my umbrella. I
think I need to go shopping and get a few warmer shirts for winter. I’m tired
of not having a large selection of clothes to pick from. Wish I would have
packed a little more with me. Oh well, I guess that just means I’ll have to go
shopping and pick some stuff out. At least prices here aren’t too bad, but I
spent wayyyy too much money this last week/weekend. Gotta take a break from
spending for a little bit! Planning to relax for a few hours and then head to
bed early. Don’t have much to do tonight, so I’m just relaxing. Hoping the
weather is nicer tomorrow! The pollution the past few days has been horrible.
No comments:
Post a Comment