Tuesday, October 16, 2012


I did not sleep well at all, I kept waking up all night. I was not happy when my alarm went off in the morning. It was another slow start.  On top of that, it was raining outside so I got to practice riding my bike while holding an umbrella. Thankfully I had a plastic bag to put over my wet bike seat. I ran off to my first class, which I couldn’t pay attention to. Someone in another classroom was watching starwars for some reason and the music was distracting. After class, went to hangout at the CIEE office, but theyre still painting. I couldn’t stay there long before I got a headache and left to grab some brunch. Then went back to the office to do some work before noon. It’s my classmates birthday today, so we’re all meeting at 12 to eat cake. The cake was delicious (and not a lie!). Although too many people sat on the table and it ended up breaking. Quite an amusing gathering. After cake, I had to run off to my writing class and then to hanyu class. Class today seemed to drag on forever….Tuesdays are always the longest. My tutor wanted to meet with me today, but I just couldn’t do it. Was feeling tired after class ended, so instead of grabbing food, I went home to rest. Felt much better after napping. None of my teachers gave homework tonight since we all have the test coming up at the end of the week. Studied my vocab words for a while, but otherwise had nothing to do. Had a relaxing evening studying on and off and chatting to my Chinese friends on QQ. I really enjoy it. I get so much practice in. Well, kind of. One of them is learning English, so they like to throw in English wherever possible, but the other person can’t speak any English so it’s Chinese or nothing. Between the homestay and chatting with people, I feel like I’m learning so much. I got a few movies and drama recommendations, so hopefully I can start watching some soon to improve my comprehension. Another early night for me! I’m tired! I’m pretty sure it’s the weather. Hoping tomorrow is nicer after all of the rain. Autumn is definitely coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment