Thursday, October 18, 2012


Did not want to wake up this morning. Finally dragged myself out of bed and went to my first class. We spent the whole class reviewing for the exam. Afterwards, I went with a classmate to the cafĂ© by the gym to study before grabbing some lunch from the huge cafeteria on campus. I had never been there before. I couldn’t believe how much food they had! There were so many options that I didn’t know where to start. I ended up getting the same thing as her and we bought a sweet potato to share. That’s right, we bought a whole sweet potato. It tasted so good! After lunch, she ran off to meet her tutor and I went to the global village to get some work done. Worked my way through all of my emails and catching up with all the stuff I had to do online with a vpn and then started studying. Spent several hours studying before grabbing dinner with Melissa. Then I ran off to meet a BeiDa student who was looking for foreigners to use in their research. I got to participate in this really cool experiment where they measure your brain waves as you perform a task cooperatively with a Chinese person to see if there is any differences or similarities. It took a while because the first time, they didn’t do the experiment setup right, so they had to start over from scratch, but I made an easy 180 kuai (it was reward based. better performance = more cash). After the experiment I headed back to my homestay and spent the rest of the night studying for my exams and then sleeping late. Not looking forward to taking these exams tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment