After basketball, I headed back to the dorm. I was planning to go walk around Ming Zi University and grab some dinner, but one of my classmates said there was something going on in the square for the holiday. So a bunch of us got together and took a subway to the square only to find out that there wasn't anything going on. The place was decorated and there were tons of people milling around, but no event or attraction. We walked around in search of food. I got a lamb skewer and some you tiao, so I was happy. The others grabbed food from a small restaurant on the side of the street. With nothing to see or do, headed back to campus slightly disappointed. Started watching a movie with Elliot, but I'm suddenly super tired, so that movie will have to get finished tomorrow. Time for me to get some sleep! Heading to Bei Hai park with my tutor tomorrow and hopefully planning to do some karoke tomorrow night with one of the Chinese friends I made.
Monday, October 1, 2012
Didn't get much done today. Woke up late and headed to Eastern Beijing to try and find a Dim Sum restaurant that was supposedly over there. Sadly Beijing's street system still does not make sense to me, so we weren't able to find it and ended up eating at a different restaurant (although the food was very good). Afterwards, we were planning to go check out the 798 art district, however there are no subway stops there and I didn't know how to say the name of the district in Chinese. Then we were planning to go see the drum and bell tower, but just ended up heading back to campus. After resting for a while, we went on campus to play some basketball. The line for tourists to get into BeiDa was huge! I could tell they were unhappy when I was able to bypass the line with my student ID. Was going to play basketball with a classmate, but he was tied up in a game and they clearly did not want girls to play, so we ended up playing with another group of people that Chelsea knew and we got to meet a few new people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment